3-Month Summer Outdoor Education
Welcome to an exciting 3-month long Volunteer Internship program where you will find an ultimate life changing experience in the Europe: living, learning and coexisting in a very international environment at a fabulous natural setting, close to the thriving city of Hamburg. During your 3-months Outdoor Education Internship program you will have the opportunity to pump up your outdoor skills by getting loads of training sessions, instruction dynamics, and leadership skills development. Camp Europe is committed to offer you, the chance to embark into an experiential learning process during which you will grow as a human being in many aspects.
This invaluable Outdoor Education Internship program will foster your professional development as you will be trained and certified by a well-reputed European Outdoor Education Academy. You will obtain a world-validated certificate. Our intensive training sessions focus on developing a wide array of soft and hard skills, aimed at fostering specific outdoor educational profiles.
If you are 21+ years old and looking for an amazing program in Europe, you just have found the perfect place. So, feel free to explore all the information provided further down in this page, and if you decide this is something you are up for, go ahead and submit your on line application form. We will be glad to receiving it, evaluating it and processing it, in order to assist you with all that is needed for you to become part of our 3-Month Outdoor Education Internship.
All in all, you will get a professional 3-month internship, divided in diverse sessions through which you will also be able to put into practice your recently acquired skills, by performing in real life, with children / youth, as a camp counselor, a group leader or a program area director. You will lead activities for youth and teens, including, but not limited to; rock climbing, canoeing, mountain biking, hiking, camping, orienteering, group initiatives and a high ropes course experience. You will be in charge of providing a safe and nurturing environment for our summer participants. This experience, without a doubt, will launch yourself into the world in the right direction, full of motivation and well trained.
Every year, we are proud to receive hundreds of gratitude letters from former participants who claim to have learnt much more than what initially expected. That is why we are proud to do what we do.
Since 2002, CA Academy in association with Camp Europe, has been successfully organizing international adventure and language camps throughout Europe (Germany, Ireland, Spain and England mainly).
We are proud to announce that since 2012, we offer a complementary program, aimed at developing Outdoor Skills and Recreational Program Planning insights, as well as Implementation Techniques throughan extensive three month-long Internship program in the field of experiential learning.
- Placements Available: 12 - 18
- Duration: 3 months - mid June to mid September
- The execution of the program is divided into two phases: theoretical & practical:
- Mid-June: Intense Training week + Bronze-cross Lifeguard Certification Program + Setting up camp.
- July - August: Active participation as camp counselor, group leaders, language coach or support staff.
* 2 week break is scheduled at some point throughout the summer.
- September: Season-End Party organization. Campsite´s take down after summer sessions and follow-ups. Material & equipment storage and audit.
- Accommodation provided throughout the 3 month internship program.*except weeks off
- You receive your deposit back after 4 weeks of placement. After that, every extra week you get a 75 euro / week bonus.*Not during training week nor take downs.
The preparation and implementation of the camp programs are work-intensive. A high degree of resilience and the ability of proactive behavior are key elements in order to cope the stressful moments, keeping a smiley face at all times.
- Enthusiastic and motivating personality.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Fraternal social skills.
- Good English fluency.
- Tolerance and understanding for other cultures.
- Responsible, committed as well as high degree of independence.
- A positive attitude for living in community at an outdoor setting.
- Minimum age: 19 years old, by July 1st.
- A class B driver’s license and experience in driving is an asset.
Training & instruction
- Training weeks are not monetarily compensated; however, Camp Europe offers all training, equipment and material, plus full room & board free of charge.
- Camp Europe provides full support to those bachelor or master program students who are intending to write any of their Uni papers based on Outdoor Educational Programs and other topics related to the internship.
Our Internship program is based on Non-Formal Educational Models, known in the academic research field as EL (Experiential Learning).This Outdoor Education Internship program is characterized by providing a very intense load of training, including but not limited to theoretical & practical instruction, workshops, group dynamics & specific topic sessions.
The scope of training covers a wide range of topics within the Outdoor Educational & Recreational activities spectrum, among we can find, to mention a few:
- Successful summer camp guidelines
- Creativity Workshops
- Alternative Play
- Adventure Sports
- Language Development
- Environmental Awareness
- Leadership skills
- Communication Development
- Community Building
- Universal Values
- International initiatives
- Social & Interpersonal Skills
What the program offers
- In order to confirm attendance to an interview, it is requested to submit a deposit of €75, which will be deducted from the total deposit that needs to be covered upon confirming preliminary placement acceptance.
- The deposit is 100% refundable in case CE is unable to offer you a placement.
- 3 months Summer Camp Internship. From mid-June to mid-September.
- Accommodation provided throughout the 3 month Outdoor Education Internship program, - Full Room & Board. *except weeks off
- 8 - 12 weeks of Performing Placements.
- Intensive Outdoor Activities Training.
- Meet people from all over the globe with like-minded interest.
- Acquire experience through your own creation of stimulating, fun and safe activities for children and youth.
- Travel around Europe during your time off, as well as by getting placed at diverse campsites across Europe (Austria, Ireland, Spain, and France).
- Perform either as a Camp Counselor, a Language Coach, a Group Leader or rather a Program Area Director.
- Receive a well-reputed and world validated Outdoor Education Internship certification issued by an accredited European Outdoor Education Academy.