Master's Degree in Sports & Exercise Science
1.5 years (Experiential Learning Module of 6 months included)
Welcome to a faboulous Master's in Outdoor Sports, where no doubt you will grow as a person, in knowledge and experiential learning. Offered in cooperation between Triagon University & CA Academy it covers all fundamental aspects of Outdoor Education and it portrays them into a hands-on program that allows students to develops skills in an integral way. Formed by a very international group of students, it creates a real eclectic environment during the online component of the program and then gathers them all at a fabulous natural setting, close to the thriving city of Hamburg.
During the practicum portion of the Master's in Outdoor Sports program you will enhance skills constantly, will receive training continuoulsy, will perform and guide instruction dynamics, and will be in charge of several leadership projects. Camp Europe is committed to offer you, the chance to deepen yourself into a Master's program that will heklp you grow as a person and as a professional as this experience will foster your development, certified by a well-reputed European University and a world-known Outdoor Education Academy. If you are looking for an amazing Master's in outdoor education program in Europe, you just have found the right spot.
Feel welcome to explore the information provided here below, and if you decide this is something you are up for, go ahead and submit your on line application form. We will be glad to receive it, evaluate and process it, in order to assist you with all that is needed for you to become part of our selected students of Master's (M.Sc.) in Sport & Exercise Science with a specialization in Advanced Coaching in Outdoor Sports" focuses on the scientific advancements and complements these with applied methods, primarily focusing on consulting and coaching approaches as well as training theory in the areas of competitive and popular outdoor sports.
The Master's program builds on the previous knowledge from your first degree (at least a bachelor's degree) and expands the necessary skills in the field of outdoor sports and outdoor education.
By the time the summer season gets started, you will be in charge of providing guidance to our spring and summer participants. You will aslo have the chance to get immersed into the different management areas of an outdoor Educational organization, from logistics, administrative roles and accounting, to Food & beverage, program planning, etc.
In sports science, the person is viewed as a whole and accordingly supported in his or her individual goals through training and counseling.
On the one hand, this can be performance enhancement and optimization, and on the other hand, health promotion, maintenance and/or restoration.
By studying the Mater's along with Triagon Academy you will get the right tools to successfully support people of all ages in outdoor activities.
Within the framework of the "Master's of Science (M.Sc.) in Sport & Exercise with a specialization in Advanced Coaching in Outdoor Sports", knowledge is transferred into action competence.
As in all other disciplines, a Master's degree improves professional prospects compared to a bachelor's level degree.
- Full Program: 1.5 years -
- Start date: Nov 11th, 2021
- End date: March 11th, 2023
- The execution of the program is divided into two phases: academic & practical:
- International Camp Counselor training program
- First aid & CPR training with “Emergency First Response” guidelines.
- High Ropes Specialization: 5 day High ropes instructor training according to the ERCA norm (European Ropes Course Association)
- TOEFL Specialization: 3 day High ropes course instructor assistant training according to the ERCA norm (European Ropes Course Association) and 1 day TOEFL examiner certification
- Outdoor pedagogical basics, throughout diverse educational program areas (survival, archery, canoeing…)
- Camp director assistant training program, including administrative tasks such as camp accounting (depending on qualifications).
- Introduction course to big-size groups meal catering with option to obtain a Food & Beverage license.
- In-depth preparation for organizing all sort of educational / recreational activities at our international camps.
- In-depth preparation for logistics management at our international camps.
- In-depth preparation for camp-site build-up and take-down.
May / June:
- Program staff at our school group experiential education programs.
- Drug Prevention Coach Training – In collaboration with the German NGO ““Keine Macht den Drogen”“.* *Available only for German speakers.
- Bronze-cross Lifeguard Certification Program.
- Assistant role as support staff during our annual International Camp Counselor training week, with over 140 participants (depending on qualifications)
July / August:
- Different placements during Summer Camp session, performing as staff responsible at one or various program areas such as camp counseling, high ropes course instructor / assistant, archery specialist, canoeing guide, F&B logistics, catering, camp management assistant for budgeting, accounting and administrative tasks, as well as keeping communication with the head office in Hamburg (depending on qualifications).
- Instructor at outdoor education programs.
- Campsite´s take down after summer sessions and follow-ups.
- Material & equipment storage and audit.
- Season-Ending Party organization.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent (Level 6) in Sports Science or a related field which has been awarded from an accredited university.
- Students with a general Bachelor degree can be accepted after an individual counselling. - For those students whose degree was issued from a non-English instruction university, they must produce evidence of English language proficiency at IELTS:6.0 or equivalents with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing or English B2 referred to CEFR.
The students with a low IELTS score will get additional support that also includes a free course in English and additional resources as well as individual tutoring.
- If you have completed a degree in another field or are not sure whether your university degree qualifies you for the "Master's of Science (M.Sc.) in Sport & Exercise with a specialization in Advanced Coaching in Outdoor Sports " at Triagon Academy, please contact us. We will be happy to advise you personally and check to what extent admission would be possible for you.
- Available Time for a full-time practical educational experience in Germany between 03/22 - 10/22
- Practical exercises take place with children. Certificate of good conduct required.
Enthusiastic and motivating personality.
Good communication and organizational skills.
Fraternal social skills.
Good English fluency.
Tolerance and understanding for other cultures.
Responsible, committed as well as high degree of independence.
A positive attitude for living in community at an outdoor setting.
Minimum age: 21 years old, by June 16th.
A class B driver’s license and experience in driving is an asset.
Web-enhanced & Experiential Learning
A large part of the practical study achievements aims to apply theoretical knowledge and methods in your professional practice. Your personal development is stimulated by the targeted use of learning and reflection techniques, the exchange with Your fellow students in virtual meetings and individual tutorial mentoring with supervision and study coaching.
All modules offer virtual classrooms and webinars via the learning platform. In the attendance seminars, key competences are trained through workshops, group work, case studies and other interactive teaching methods.
The Mater's program is based on Non-Formal Educational Models, known in the academic research field as EL (Experiential Learning), including but not limited to theoretical & practical instruction, workshops, group dynamics & specific topic sessions.
The scope of training covers a wide range of topics within the Outdoor Educational & Recreational activities spectrum, among we can find, to mention a few:
Successful summer camp guidelines
Social & Interpersonal Skills.
What the Master's In Outdoor Sports offers
- This program is accredited by the Maltese Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA). This study program is accredited at level 7 of the Malta National Qualification Framework and the European Qualification Framework for Lifelong Learning
- After the intense academic program, Camp Europe offers the possibility to put into practice what has been learnt, by extending a placement allocation at one or more of its campsites scattered around Europe.
- By performing as a group leader, coordinator or program area director, you will have to put into practice all the soft and hard skills accumulated during the initial component of the Masters program.
In addition to the Triagon University Master's degree you will receive additional certificates during your practicum time with Camp Europe, (i.e. the High Ropes & Survival instructors)
Placement Staffing Positions available throughout the twenty-week placement period.
Placements will be designated and granted upon the performance of each individual throughout the full training and according to needs and skills.
School Trip Program
- 3 Weeks
- Outdoor Centre Program
- 2 Weeks
- School Trip
- 2 Weeks
- F&B + Camp Organization
- 4 Weeks
- Specialization Optative Certificate
- 3 Weeks High Ropes Instructor / Language Coach
- Technical Camp Director
- 2 Weeks
- Support Staff
- 3 Weeks
- Rest Periods
Tuitions & Interview Deposit
The entire study program has a price of € 6650
It includes the free room and board provided by Camp Europe and all other certification costs/travel costs that are taken over from Camp Europe in the practical part between march and September.
Tuition fees can be paid by the semester. The Costs are divided as follows:
- 325 € enrolment fee (payable before the program start)
- 2000 € for Semester 1 (payable before the program start)
- 2000 € for Semester 2 (payable at the beginning of Semester 2)
- 2000 € for Semester 3 (payable at the beginning of Semester 3)
- 325 € examination fee (payable at the end of Semester 3)
If you need to extend your study time over the regular program duration additional costs may apply.
The program Includes
- Masters in Outdoor Sports Certificate.
- Accommodation provided throughout the 6 month practicum - Full Room & Board.*except during time off and away from campsite.
- 20 weeks of Performing Placements.
- Intensive Outdoor Activities Training.
- Complementary Leadership Dynamics.
- Meet people from all over the globe with like-minded interest.
- Acquire experience through your own creation of stimulating, fun and safe activities for children and youth.
- Travel around Europe during your time off, as well as by getting placed at diverse campsites across Europe (Austria, Ireland, Spain, and France).
- Perform either as a Camp Counselor, a Language Coach, a Group Leader or rather a Program Area Director.
- Receive a well-reputed and world validated Masters certification issued by an accredited European Outdoor Education Academy.
The outdoor sports market is booming and major sporting events such as Olympic Games are crowd pullers. But amateur and professional sports are also more popular than ever. Especially in the booming area of outdoor sports and outdoor education, well-trained professionals are needed in order to manage training, rehabilitation and sports science departments. Furthermore sports scientists are also needed in leadership positions in other fields, such as health care, sports tourism, sports medicine, and sports journalism.
- Fitness and health facilities
- Sports clubs and associations
- Sports journalism (television, radio, newspaper, online portal)
- Media industry
- Sports tourism
- Sporting goods manufacturers, sports equipment manufacturers
- Sports related research
- Health care
- Spa and rehabilitation facilities
- School and university
The higher your education level, the better your career prospects.